Friday, December 25, 2009

I just bleached my hair, and follwed up with a toner which was purple in color and now, it's lavender! Help!!!

I used ';special Effects'; toner/mixer and left it on for 30 minutes, as instructed. What do I do now? I don't want my hair to fall out!I just bleached my hair, and follwed up with a toner which was purple in color and now, it's lavender! Help!!!
A toner isn't the same thing as a color, so it doesn't last as long. You can either shampoo it a bunch of times (get a shampoo that DOESNT say color safe or for color treated hair) or you could try some dawn dish soap. Soak your hair in it until enough of the lavendar tinge has come out (up to 30 mins) then lather it up and rinse away.





I'm guessing you chose a purple toner to cut the brassy tones you got from the bleach, which was actually the correct thing to do. However, the reason this happened is because you left it on too long. A toner is left on only as long as needed to achieve the desired tone. But since you're not a professional, you didn't know that, and you were just going by the directions. That's totally understandable.





Just don't try to put another color on over this, because color does not remove color, and you will only make it worse. Your hair is in a fragile state right now since you just bleached it, and your hair is very porous, which means it's going to soak anything you put on it right up! (which is why it grabbed the lavendar tinge) Shampoo it a few times and that toner is going to start to fade. Just keep away from any ';blonding'; shampoos or products until it's fixed.





Good Luck!I just bleached my hair, and follwed up with a toner which was purple in color and now, it's lavender! Help!!!
Well, the only thing to do (other than rebleaching...DONT DO IT!) is to buy a hair color (lightest blonde you can find) and dye it.





Like a Loreal thing or something.
wash it once with washing up liquid to remove the toner if that doesn't work just buy a blonde dye not bleach and dye it again...
that sounds awesome. just leave it purple!
you left it on too long. wash your hair with dish soap and hot water to strip out the toner as much as you can. then, youre going to have to buy a gold base toner with 9 vol and leave it on until you can physically see it change. it should only be a minute or two. dont leave it on too long or it will turn gold. if you are paranoid of it turning gold, just rinse it out before, even if it hasnt removed all the lavender, and just repeat until its removed. dont rebleach your hair. and deep condition your hair afterwards with a hydrating conditioner. hope this has helped. good luck.
That happened to me last year so what you do is you buy the color that was closest to the color you had before you bleached it do that wait a couple months. Find a clear toner, re-bleach you hair then use toner. I had that happen to me execepy my hair color was a really bright green, never use the cheap toners especially the colored ones.
wat nyc said
I'm not very familiar with toners, but I'm assuming you didn't wash it out well enough, try taking another shower and really rinsing out your hair. If that doesn't help I'd recommend coloring over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment