Wednesday, December 30, 2009

TONER OR DEPOSIT ONLY COLOR?

K so I bought a store bought highlighting kit ... Highlights were to be pecan color ( box showed orange color) which was fine since I intended them to be thin... Well I went overboard n they came out a bit too thick. So now it's too much orangey color





Now the box did come with the toner which I applied but like I said the color was accurate.





My ? Is should I buy a toner ( I only saw blonde tones at sallys) or a deposit only color? Since my highlights r kinds thick up front n the rest of my hair is brown I was thinking a nice lighter brown so it can look natural. Help. I just want a nice color to compliment my brown hairTONER OR DEPOSIT ONLY COLOR?
A toner is a pale colour used on bleached hair. I don't think you understand what you are asking for. You need to review this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_colori鈥?/a>


You are not going to be able to use a toner on your hair and not affect the darker hair. Toners are not selective in what they colour!!





You are going to have to use a semi-permanent colour. That will only add colour to your hair, and not remove any from the darker hair. But no matter what you do, you are going to get uneven colour. All colour adds to what you have... lighter hair appears lighter, darker will be darker. It is very hard to get an even shade when you are starting out with uneven colour.





Another case when inexperienced people should not be allowed to buy these highlighting kits. But we love it... it keeps hairdressers in business correcting all the botched jobs! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment