Friday, December 25, 2009

Is toner nessisary for bleached hair if you are going to cover it with a color and how long should u wait?

I have dark brown hair and want purple tips and bangs. I know i need to bleach first but do i need toner since im only bleaching so the purple will show up ? and how long after bleaching do i need to wait before adding the purpleIs toner nessisary for bleached hair if you are going to cover it with a color and how long should u wait?
You don't need a toner if you're coloring it a purple. You can do it that day, as I'm assuming it will be a semi permanent color, and even if it's not. But make sure you use the purple only on the bleached hair if it has peroxide in it as it can change your dark hair. But if there's no peroxide, it won't affect the dark brown anyway.


I hope you are good with using bleach, as lightening dark hair is tricky when you only want to do certain areas.....you want to make sure it doesn't get on the other hair. If you're hesitant have it done professionally.


One way to help it from getting on the other hair is applying a real thick like a deep conditioner. That will help repel it in case the bleach touches it





edit.....thank you kira for suggesting a pro for this type of procedure. It's one thing for me as a pro to, but as a client it bears more significanceIs toner nessisary for bleached hair if you are going to cover it with a color and how long should u wait?
Go to a salon! I know everyone says that, and you don't want to hear it, but I literally just made the same mistake this week. Salon bleach is so much healthier than store-bought. At a salon, they can get it all done in one appointment. It will take you multiple trips to the store and a lot of frying, because you're using crappy bleach. You're going to kill your hair if you do it yourself. I just got my bleach fixed today and they took it from bright orange to cool blonde in one sitting. Please consider it. I wanted to kill myself after I bleached it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment