Thursday, December 17, 2009

If I buy a Laser Printer do I have to get both toner and a drum for it to work?

If I buy the Brother HL-2142 Mono Laser Printer do I have to also buy the Brother DR-2125 Drum Unit and Brother TN-2130 Black Toner Cartridge before it will work?





What's the difference between the toner and the drum? It looks like you can print with only one without needing the other (am I confused). Is the drum just a more expensive type of toner for higher qulity printing.





Printer: http://www.officeworks.com.au/technology鈥?/a>


Toner: http://www.officeworks.com.au/owbd/b2c/i鈥?/a>


Drum: http://www.officeworks.com.au/owbd/b2c/i鈥?/a>If I buy a Laser Printer do I have to get both toner and a drum for it to work?
I have a brother HL 1240


It came with drum and toner.


The toner will last you for a very long time the drum will last for yearsIf I buy a Laser Printer do I have to get both toner and a drum for it to work?
The printer comes with toner and a drum. As time passes, you'll have to periodically buy new toner cartridges, and eventually you may have to buy a new drum. However, lasers can print thousands of pages on just one toner cartridge, and even more on just one drum, so it still works out cheaper than other types of printers.





The toner is the equivalent of ink. The drum is a part of the printer that deposits toner on the paper as it rolls over the drum. Toner runs out, and then you need a new cartridge to have more toner (just like ink). Drums wear out, and have to be replaced. Drums last a really long time, though.
no, they come with that already





only buy the toner and drum as needed some way off later





toner runs out, bit like ink








the drum lasts many thousands of pages, its a kind of heater unit, the toner is really tiny plastic that melts into a kind of ink,


laser printer paper comes out quite warm!





the software included will give you all this status information when you install it
I have 2 brother hl-2040 printers. I bought refill toner on ebay for $6 but you also need a $3 part called a reset gear in order to refill the toner. The printers have lasted several years and printed many thousands of pages. Not bad for about $50. I have never replaced the drum.
  • layouts for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment