Thursday, December 17, 2009

I changed my toner and drum, but my papers still have a blank line running through them. What else can I do?

I have a Brother inteli fax that I changed the toner and drum, but still have a blank line going through my documents. What else can it be?I changed my toner and drum, but my papers still have a blank line running through them. What else can I do?
Remove toner and drum.


Look in opening, probably ABOVE toner/rum (if same as my Brother) is a small glass strip. Take a piece of tissue paper (kitchen paper is best) and gently clean this. DRY CLEAN !





If there is dust / other debris on this is will obstruct the laser beam causing a blank line.I changed my toner and drum, but my papers still have a blank line running through them. What else can I do?
Most printer software has a adjustment section for realigning the printer heads after ink/toner changes.
look for a dab of white out dust or marker on the roller or glass, if so then clean it
Maybe you need to calibrate the printer... i work with Three Xerox Printers and when that happens the technician just calibrates the colors once again...
it depends which way the line goes...top to bottom as the page exits? side to side as it exits?t-b can be dirt in the charge wire(corona) causing a hot spot that wil not charge the drum properly. s-s can be a roller or sticking problem (jitter)with the feed or optics.dirty optics will give you a dark line...there are alot of variables but most problems are dirt related.need more info if that doesnt help...
  • layouts for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment